Gross misconduct, indulgence in acts of indiscipline, violation of academic or general discipline can render a student liable for expulsion/rustication. The Proctorial Board is empowered to recommend the expulsion from the institution for a specified period, not less one year, or complete rustication. The following and similar acts have been identified as gross acts of indiscipline:
- Involvement physical fight resulting in physical injury to fellow students in the Institute or outside the Institute.
- Development of links with, providing shelter to and facilitating the nefarious activity of anti-social/undesirable individual or groups.
- Possession of firearms, life threatening weapons or any other item uses in physical confrontations.
- Involvement in group/gang fighting.
- Misbehavior in whatsoever from with members of opposite sex.